The Enemy Is Inside The Gates
By Col. Donn de Grand
- A dedicated group of experienced civilian and military pilots, including
combat fighter pilots and commercial airline captains, just finished a marathon 72 hours
of non-stop briefings and debate over the current crisis evolving from the use of
commercial aircraft as cruise missiles against the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on
- The so-called terrorist attack was in fact a superbly executed military
operation against the United States, requiring the utmost professional military skill in
command, communications and control. It was flawless in timing, in the choice of selected
aircraft to be used as guided mis- siles, and in the coordinated delivery of those
missiles to their pre-selected targets.
- As a tactical military exercise against two significant targets (world
financial center and the citadel of world strategic military planning), the attack, from a
psychological impact on the American public, equaled the Japanese "surprise"
attack on Pearl Harbor 7 Dec 1941.
- The over-riding questionIf we are at war, who is the enemy?
- The group determined that the enemy is within the gates, that he has
infiltrated into the highest policy- making positions at the Federal level, and has
absolute control, not only of the purse strings, but of the troop build-up and deployment
of our military forces, including active, reserve and National Guard units.
- PRELUDE TO PANIC
- The 9-11 activity and horrific destruction of US prop- erty and lives was
intentionally meant to trigger a psy- chological and patriotic reaction on the part of the
US citizens, which is paving the way for "combined UN activity" (using the fig
leaf of NATO) for striking key targets in both the Middle East/ South Asia and the
Balkans. The goal continues to be ultimate destruction of all national sover- eignty and
establishment of a global government.
- The trigger for the 9-11 activity was the imminent and unstoppable
world-wide financial collapse, which can only be prevented (temporarily) by a major war,
perhaps to become known as WW 111. To bring it off (one more time), martial law will
probably be imposed in the United States.
- In each of the major wars of the 20th century, the financial manipulators
(located in the City of London and New York City) had placed the US (and much of the
Western world) in a monetary expansion mode, followed by an ever- tightening vice of a
gigantic credit squeeze.
- We now have two ongoing and tightly controlled simulta- neous events
(emanating from the two symbolic targets of 9111) Alan Greenspan, Fed chairman, promising
to flood the market with up to $200 billion in FRNs and to further lower interest rates,
thus bringing about hyperinflation and dollar devaluation.
- Much of these multi billions in largesse will be dumped into the coffers
of Wall Street, Defense, bankrupt airlines, insurance companies and into the willing arms
of debt-ridden third-world countries in the form of debt repudiation (forgiveness). Call
it bribery, in order to get these often reluctant nations to join our coalition of
"freedom fight- ers" in "the war against terrorism".
- 2) Paul Wolfowitz, deputy Defense secretary, promised that the US will
launch "sustained military strikes against those behind the terrorist attacks on New
York and Washing- ton". He said that the "military retaliation would continue
until the roots of terrorism are destroyed."
- This bit of saber rattling was seconded by select NATO allies (especially
Britain), and by our chief ally in the Middle East, Ariel Sharon, while Secretary of
Defense Don Rumsfeld, with the blessings of Pres. Bush 11, is activating thousands of
national guard and reservists, not only to guard the vulnerable airports, but to do
fly-overs of our Nation's capital in F16s from the North Dakota Air Guard. Other National
Guard units are being jockeyed into potential combat "hot spots" throughout the
Middle East/South Asia and the Balkans.
- WHO IS THE ENEMY?
- Following is a summary of the near-unanimous views of the assembled
military and civilian pilots concerning cer- tain critical factors relating to the
WTC/Pentagon hit of 9- 11: Troubling questions arose about the alleged pilot-hi- jackers
of the four aircraft, who were supposedly trained on Cessna aircraft over the past year at
fields in Florida and Oklahoma. One General officer remarked, "I seriously question
whether these novices could have located a target dead- on 200 miles removed from takeoff
point...-- much less controlled the flight and mastered the intricacies of 11FR
(instrument flight rules) -- and all accomplished in 45 minutes."
- The extremely skillful maneuvering of the three air- craft at near mach
speeds, each unerringly hitting their targets, was superb. As one Air Force officer -- a
veteran of over 100 sorties over North Vietnam -- explained, "Those birds (commercial
airliners) either had a crack fighter pilot in the left seat, or they were being
maneuvered by remote control."
- Another pilot warned that "we had better consider whether
electro-magnetic pulse or radio frequency weapons were used from a command and control
platform hovering over the Eastern Seaboard... I'm talkin' AWACS."
- Another comment"If there was an AWACS on station over the targeted
area, did it have a Global Hawk capability? I mean, could it convert the commercial jets
to robotic flying missiles?
- A hotly debated questionWho would be in command of such an Airborne
Warning and Control System (AWACS)? Were they Chinese -- Russians -- Saudis -- Israelis --
NATO ? All of these countries possess AWACS-type aircraft. All (except the
- Saudis) have the capability to utilize electro-magnetic pulsing (EMP) to
knock out on-board flight controls and communications of targeted aircraft, and then, to
fly them by remote control.
- One of the Air Force officers explained that we had already flown a robot
plane the size of a Boeing 737 across the Pacific to Australia -- unmanned -- from Edwards
AF13 in California to a successful landing on an Aussie base in South Australia. It flies
along a pre-programmed flight path, but is "monitored" (controlled remotely) by
a pilot from an outside station.
- He explained that the London Economist (20 Sep 2001) published comments
from the former CEO of British Airways, Robert Ayling, who stated that an aircraft could
be commandeered from the ground or air and controlled remotely in the event of a hijack.
- COMMERCIAL JETS AS GUIDED MISSILES
- An AP story, dateline Brussels - 7 Oct 01 -- "At Washington's
request, NATO will soon deploy surveillance aircraft for anti-terrorist operations in the
United States in response to the attacks on New York and Washington, NATO officials said
Sunday, an unprecedented use of foreign military forces to defend the U.S. homeland."
- The assembled group of pilots debated why we would ask for foreign forces
to fly AWACS over our sovereign territory when we have a fleet of 33 of them, of which 28
are sta- tioned in Oklahoma. The debate also centered on whether such NATO surveillance
aircraft were already here prior to 11 September.
- Could one of them have commandeered the four airliners?
- There seems to be wide discrepancies between what the Federal government
is proclaiming -- and their media moguls reporting -- as opposed to the calm and reasoned
and rational views of those men who fly the planes and defend the nation against all
enemies, foreign and domestic.
- This writer has been a general aviation pilot since 1946. 1 have flown a
variety of single engine prop aircraft since, and installed an FAA-approved airstrip here
on my farm in 1980. Two local pilots periodically joined me for short hops; one, a Madison
County lawyer, a graduate of the Air Force Academy, who flew for the Air Force before
coming home to practice law.
- The other, Kent Hill, who lives with his wife, Carol, on a farm close to
mine, is an American Airlines captain assigned to the European route. He was a lifelong
friend of "Chic" Burlingame, They were graduates of the Naval Academy and flew
F-4 Phantoms in Vietnam. Both left the Navy 28 years ago and joined American Airlines.
Both planned to retire in 2002. Chic was the captain of AA flight 77, a Boeing 757, which
departed Washington Dulles for Los Angeles at 810 am on I I September, with 58 passengers
and a crew of 6. Flight 77 crashed into the Pentagon at 9:41 am.
- "We were totally trained on the old type of hijack," Capt Hill
said, "where you treat the hijacker cordially, punch a 4-digit code into your
transponder to alert ground control you're being hijacked, and then get him where he
- wants to go, set the plane safely on the ground and let them deal with it
on the ground. However, this is a totally new situation... Not one of the planes alerted
ground control that they were being hijacked." How come?
- "The fact is, all the transponders were turned off on the doomed
flights virtually at the same time." Look at their departure times -- two from Logan
(Boston), one from Newark, another from Dulles (Washington DC) -- all between 8 am and
- "Shortly after climb-out to flight level, their trans- ponders are
de-activated.. (they are no longer a blip on the radar screens). This is something that
really needs to be looked into. The only reason we turn them off is so they don't
interfere with ground systems when we land."
- (NoteTransponders identify a particular aircraft in flight on the radar
screens of FAA flight controllers located throughout the country. Vari- ous codes are
punched into the transponder, one displaying, "I am being hijacked.")
- Although there is much talk among the various flight crews, Hill says
they are not privy to any of the investiga- tions into the events of I I September.
"We're in the dark -- very much so ... They're playing it pretty tight to the
- He is convinced none of the pilots had control of their aircraft when
they were flown into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. The question then becomes,
who was really in control?
- "Even if I had a gun at my head, I'd never fly a plane into a
building. I'd try to put it in anywhere -- a field or a river --and I'd be scaring the
hell out of them (the hijackers) by flying upside down first," Hill said.
- In fact, the pilot has the best weapon in his hand when threatened with
imminent death by a hijacker, namely, the airplane.
- Another airline pilot stated. "On hearing a major scuffle in the
cabin, the pilot should have inverted the aircraft and the hijackers end up with broken
- That none of the four pilots executed such a maneuver points toward the
fact that none of them had control of their aircraft, but had been overridden by an
outside force, which was flying them by remote control.
- As an old and not so bold pilot, I became more con- vinced that the four
commercial jets were choreographed by a "conductor" from a central source,
namely an airborne warn- ing and control system (AWACS). They have the electronic
capability to engage several aircraft simultaneously, knock out their on-board flight
controls by EMP (electro-magnetic pulsing) and assume command and remote control of these
- As we consider all the options -- and enemies -- who performed this act
of war, whether from China, Russia, an Islamic country, or from NATO, we must also
consider that the enemy may be within the gates.
- If so, then we are dealing with high treason.
- The same source sent another email to me:
- Subj OVERVIEW Date 10/23/2001 8:25:56 PM Pacific Daylight Time
- OVERVIEW I want to start out by responding to that tiny percent- age of
negative email I receive that accuses me of being anti American. I'm not. I think America
is a great place, and the American people by and large are to be admired.
- What I am against is any government that lies to its people. This
includes the government of the United States which, contrary to Bill Clinton's comments on
the matter, is not the same thing as the country. The country i s the people. The country
is the land. The country is those who build, teach, heal, grow, manufacture, and along the
way raise a family. The United States is not found in the marble buildings along the
Potomac. The United States i s found in the homes and hearts of 266 million Americans.
- The government, its self delusions of grandeur aside, is nothing but a
custodian, and a temporary one, hired by the people to care for our nation, and if that
custodian fails in that job, like any menial, they should be replaced. Our nation did just
that once before, in 1776, and it must be remembered that those who were called
"Patriot" were those who stood with the people of the nation, not with the
- There is no provision in the Constitution that author- izes the
government, as custodian of the nation, to lie to the people. It's just not in there. And
yet the government of the United States has been caught repeatedly lying to the people of
the nation in recent years, lying about Vince Foster , TWA 800 , Waco , Martin Luther King
, John F. Kennedy , The Oklahoma City Bombing , and others too nu- merous to mention.
Suffice it to say that if the government of the United States finds itself with a
credibility prob- lem, it has only itself to blame.
- When the government of the United States lies to the people, it acts
illegally and un-Constitutionally and by the strict interpretation of that document ceases
to be the legal government of the land. But let us set that aside for the moment and look
at why the US Government lies to the people and what such lies have accomplished in the
past. Only then can we understand why the reasoning citizen must have serious doubt we are
being told the truth b y the government in the present case.
- Some of the biggest lies told by the government of the United States are
those used to initiate a war. Modern pundits keep equating the attacks of 9/11 to the
Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor.
- This is a slippery, indeed dangerous analogy, since it has been proven in
recent years, by way of recently declas- sified documents, that FDR deliberately
maneuvered Japan into the attack on Pearl Harbor and kept the Hawaii comman- ders from
knowing of the attack so that there would be plenty of dead bodies with which to enrage
Americans into support of a war that as of December 6th, 1941, nobody wanted. American
boys, shouting "Remember Pearl Harbor", marched off to war. Many did not come
- The Spanish/American war was likewise started with deception. The Hearst
Newspapers flooded the land with stories of Spanish abuses of the Cuban people; stories
which turned out to be fictional and which were published solely to fan the flames of a
war, not for the benefit of the Cuban people, but to enlarge American territory and
- When USS Maine exploded in Havana Harbor, the Captain of that ship
insisted that the explosion was not the result of any attack. But he was shouted down by
the press, and American boys, shouting "Remember The Maine", marched off to war.
Many did not come back. And all because of a lie. In 1975, a review of the evidence by
admiral Hyman Rickover, the father of the modern nuclear Navy, concluded that there hadn't
been any Spanish mine at all, just as the Maine's Captain had reported. The ships had
suffered a fire in a coal bunker, detonating the ship's magazine, imprudently located
- The same with the Gulf of Tonkin. Even as Johnson exhorted the American
people to respond to the torpedo attack on the Maddox, Johnson knew there hadn't really
been any torpedoes, not had the USS Maddox been as innocent a s claimed. American boys
again marched off to war. Many did not come back.
- Following the Bay of Pigs, which was by any definition an invasion of a
foreign nation, the US Joint Chiefs pro- posed staging fake terrorist attacks that would
be blamed on Cuba, to build support for a second invasion.
- Of course, there is nothing new about politicians using terror on their
own citizens to get what they want. The trick goes back to Roman times, and even Hitler
found it useful.
- So, let's take a moment to push aside those flags being held in front of
our eyes like blindfold and take a close look at the current situation.
- The United States government, despite nice sounding speeches about
freedom and Democracy=20 (sicThis author should have said Republics) , has a record of
overthrowing actual working Democracies=20 (sicThis author should have said Republics) and
supporting outright dictatorships.
- The US, for example, backed Cuban Dictator Batista, Chile's Pinochet, the
Shah of Iran, and the dictatorship of Ferdinand Marcos, to name just a few. The US backed
these regimes because the dictators were willing to do favors for American multi-national
- Batista, for example, kept the prices of Cuban agricul- tural products
below the prevailing market rate. This made American companies like United Fruit and
PepsiCo more prof- itable, at the expense of the Cuban farmers, who eventually revolted,
bringing Castro to power. Castro let the market set th e price of Cuban produce, whereupon
the United States declared an embargo and invaded at the Bay of Pigs. Then we wonder why
the Cuban people may not like us.
- Another classic example of US foreign policy as it really is was South
America. Chile had a working democracy
- under Allende. But US corporate interests saw a greater chance for
profits if the Democracy=20 (sicThis author should have said Republics) were to be
replaced by a dicta- tor friendly to US interests.
- This led to the US backed coup, complete with torture squads trained by
US experts. Henry Kissenger flat out stated that the United States had a right to
intervene in any Democracy=20=20 (sicThis author should have said Repub- lics) that voted
contrary to American interests, adding, "The issues are much too important for the
Chilean voters to be left to decide for themselves."
- Same deal in Iran. The US Government backed the Shah of Iran. The rich
got richer, the poor got poorer (same as in the United States) and the people of Iran
revolted, bringing the Ayatollah Khomeini to power. Iran was our friend, now it's our
- The same with Iraq, once our friend, and now our enemy. Indeed, the
United States keeps switching sides so often, with the American people expected to follow
along like lemmings, that one is reminded of George Orwell's "1984" in which the
perpetually warring nations are always changing allegiance, and the war weary people wake
up one morning to be told, "Eastasia is our friend. Eastasia has always been our
friend. Pacifica is the enemy."
- This brings us to Osama Bin Laden.
- Osama is the modern equivalent of Orwell's "Emmanual
Goldstien", the boogie man on whom the government blames everything. Even though
careful observers have long known the United States economy was poised for a major
decline, the media is spinning the current economic woes as a direct result of the attacks
on the World Trade Towers, in the hopes that the general public will be stupid enough to
- If Orwell is not to your taste, then let's try L. Frank Baum and the
"Wizard Of Oz", who used a paper mache' mask to scare Dorothy Gale into doing
war with the Wicked Witch of the West, something farm girls would not normally be wise to
do. After all, witches have air superiority!
- Likewise, Osama appears to be a manufactured monster, designed to scare
us into doing things we otherwise would not so, including support a war, cease criticizing
the government, and surrender our freedoms.
- Contrary to the public media image of Osama, he is not a lifelong
religious fanatic. At the time the United States covert intervention in Afghanistan
triggered the Soviet invasion , Osama, like the rest of his family, was living a
westernized lifestyle. One of Osama's brothers was a busi- ness partner with the son of
the then vice-president and former head of the CIA, George H. W. Bush.
- The CIA needed a front man in Afghanistan to oppose the Soviets, since
Vietnam was too fresh a memory for the Ameri- can people to tolerate another war,
especially since the lid had just been blown off of the COINTELPRO scandal , reveal- ing
the criminal actions the FBI had engaged in to silence opposition to that war.
- So, trained and financed by the CIA, Osama quit being a westernized Saudi
and seemingly overnight became a fanatical muslim and financier/leader of the fight
against the Sovi- ets, waging an indirect war on behalf of the United States. Osama was a
creation of the CIA and we only have the CIA's word that Osama isn't still in their
employ. However, as another CIA asset, David Ferrie, pointed out just prior to his own
assassination, you don't leave the agency. Once you are in, you are in for life!
- Afghanistan is an interesting place. It has natural gas, petroleum, coal,
copper, chromite, talc, barites, sulfur, lead, zinc, iron ore, salt, precious and semipre-
cious stones, and more opium than the Burmese Golden Trian- gle. It is also one of the
most deadly places on Earth, having destroyed every invading army since the time of
Alexander the Great!
- Afghanistan also sits on the proposed route for an oil pipeline which
would allow the vast oil reserves sitting under the Caspian Sea to be brought to market,
and it is no secret that a consortium of American oil companies want to build that
- However, as John J. Maresca, vice president of interna- tional relations,
Unocal Corporation, flat out told Congress in 1998, the pipeline would not be built until
the Taliban was removed as the government in Afghanistan, even though the United States
had installed the Taliban as part of the anti-Soviet strategy.
- When one considers the size of the Caspian oil fields, estimated at about
500 years' worth at present rates of consumption, one finds ample motive to start a war of
con- quest for that wealth. Compared to the trillions of dollars in oil profits which will
flow from that pipeline stretching across Afghanistan, the cost of new World Trade Towers
and a few thousand lives is a small price to pay to those who lust for wealth beyond
dreams of avarice.
- Long before the attacks on the World Trade Towers, the United States was
already announcing that there would be a war. While the American people were kept
distracted by "All Condit All The Time" in the American press, the foreign press
was reporting as early as March 2001 that the United States was planning to invade
Afghanistan in October. and here it is, October. and here the United States is invading.
and just like with FDR, a provocation occurred just when the government of the United
States most needed one to anger the people into support of a war for oil.
- No sooner had the planes crashed into the World Trade Towers than the
media was reporting official statements of suspicion that Osama Bin Laden was behind the
attacks. The FBI issued names of suspected hijackers, none of which appeared on the actual
passenger lists, and all based on what the FBI admits were forged IDs using stolen
- Moreover, the men used those stolen identities the night before the
attacks to visit strip bars, making so much noise that they would have to be noticed,
ensuring that the credit card slips using the stolen names would be turned over to police.
- When Flight Attendant Madeline Sweeney phoned the ground from her
hijacked plane, she gave the seat numbers of the hijackers. The passengers assigned to
those seats do not
- appear on the FBI's list of suspects. Then there was tha t suitcase,
appearing out of nowhere and assumed to have been left off of one of the crashed planes by
accident, contain- ing a flight manual, a Koran, and a handwritten letter which any
scholar of Islam would recognize was written b y someone ignorant of the religion.
- In short, the evidence that purports to link the attacks on the World
Trade Towers with Osama appears to be planted, with the scene of the crime looking like
the set of a cheap detective movie, with a vital clue always carefully positioned within
- Because of the phony IDs, we do not really know who was on those
airplanes, or who they worked for.
- But it is very obvious who we are all supposed to blame; the people
sitting on that oil pipeline right of way!
- So great is the rush to war in Afghanistan that Osama has himself almost
become secondary in the media campaign to sell us all on hatred of the Afghani people.
- Indeed it isn't Osama who terrorizes Americans, it is the American media,
waving fear all over the place. Yes, Anthrax is nasty, but would a real anthrax attack
harm so few people? More people have been gunned down in Washington DC in the last 6 weeks
than have died by anthrax. More people are sick with Dengue fever on Maui than are sick
with Anthrax. Yet Anthrax, and the fear it is designed to cause, get the headlines, to
keep the public scared, so scared that they cannot think.
- Because once the people stop being terrorized by the media and start to
think, they'll realize that it makes no more moral sense to bomb the Afghani people over
what crimes Osama has done than it makes to bomb people of Chicago over the crimes the
- And once the American people realize this, they'll start to wonder what
the real reason for bombing the Afghani people might be. Then they'll start paying
attention to John J. Maresca's comments before congress about that oil pipe- line. Then
the American people will notice those foreign news articles that announced the US invasion
of Afghanistan last spring. Then the American people will realize that the timing of the
attacks on the World Trade Tower s is just a little too convenient to the already
- And that is when the American people will realize that, once again, they
are being lied to to swindle them out of their support for a war, a war not fought for
moral principle but for profit, profit from oil paid for in the blood of our children.