If you don't find a skin available on Web Wiz Guide that gives the forum the look and feel you want, you can easily make your own skin to change the
colours, look and feel of the forum to create your own unique looking forum. To do this simply follow the instructions below: -
- Make a back-up of the files skin_file.asp and the default_style.css found in the includes directory.
- Open the file skin_file.asp in a text editor like Notepad.
- In this file you will see lots of lines that look like the line below.
Const strBgColour = "#FFFFFF"
- Change the parts shown above in red between the quotation marks to the colours and images that you wish to use in your forum.
- The default_style.css contains the Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) which controls the fonts for the text and links, the CSS part looks like the following.
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size: 12px; color: #000000;
- Changing the parts shown in red will alter the font, sizes, colours, and font types used in your forum.
- Once you have finished altering the skin file and the CSS file save the amended versions and test your forum to see if it looks like it should. If not go back to the skin file and change it again
to you get the look you want.
- You can also change the buttons, images, and icons used in the forum by overwriting the images and buttons found in the forum_images directory with your own.