Question #4 - B. Would slavery be allowed to
expand to new territories?
Question #7 - D. Gettysburg Address
Question #8 - C. appoint additional Supreme Court justices who shared his
Question #14 - B. stressed the sinfulness of all humanity
Question #20 - C. President
Question #27 - A. the price system utilizes more local knowledge of means
Question #29 - B. a resident can benefit from it without directly paying
Question #30 - C. decreasing taxes and increasing spending
Question #31 - A. an increase in a nation’s productivity
Question #33 - D. tax per person equals government spending per person
Also the notion that Martin Luther King "" should be put into context
with the FACT that he was a card carrying member of the Communist Party to whom
such a political policy is anathema, and who was the key reason affirmative
action was implemented, which was the exact
opposite of "racial justice and brotherhood" AND which led
to the almost complete breakdown of the Black family unit.
1) Which of the following are the inalienable
rights referred to in the Declaration of Independence?
2) In 1933 Franklin Delano Roosevelt proposed
a series of government programs that became known as:
3) What are the three branches of government?
4) What was the main issue in the debates
between Abraham Lincoln and Stephen A. Douglas in 1858?
5) The United States Electoral College:
6) The Bill of Rights explicitly prohibits:
7) What was the source of the following
phrase: “Government of the people, by the people, for the people”?
8) In 1935 and 1936 the Supreme Court declared
that important parts of the New Deal were unconstitutional. President
Roosevelt responded by threatening to:
9) Under Our Constitution, some powers belong
to the federal government. What is one power of the federal government?
10) Name one right or freedom guaranteed by
the first amendment.
11) What impact did the Anti-Federalists have
on the United States Constitution?
12) Which of the following statements is true
13) Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and Aquinas
would concur that:
14) The Puritans:
15) The phrase that in America there should be
a “wall of separation” between church and state appears in:
16) In his “I Have a Dream” speech, Dr. Martin
Luther King, Jr.:
17) Sputnik was the name given to the first:
18) Susan B. Anthony was a leader of the
19) The Scopes “Monkey Trial” was about:
20) Who is the commander in chief of the U.S.
21) Name two countries that were our enemies
during World War II.
22) What part of the government has the power
to declare war?
23) In October 1962 the United States and the
Soviet Union came close to war over the issue of Soviet:
24) In the area of United States foreign
policy, Congress shares power with the:
25) Free enterprise or capitalism exists
26) Business profit is:
27) Free markets typically secure more
economic prosperity than government’s centralized planning because:
28) A progressive tax:
29) A flood-control levee (or National
Defense) is considered a public good because:
30) Which of the following fiscal policy
combinations would a government most likely follow to stimulate economic
activity when the economy is in a severe recession?
31) International trade and specialization
most often lead to which of the following?
32) Which of the following is a policy tool of
the Federal Reserve?