- Ritalin Prescription Takes Life
Of 14 Year Old
- "If I had heard that people are dying from Ritalin, I
would have never given Matt the first pill." - Lawrence Smith whose son died from
Ritalin. The reason he never heard of it, is
simple, the jews con-trol the media & that is where this guy gets his news from! The
same people that "Made up" the phony ADD & ADHD, sold him the Drugs to
murder his Son with! And them Ole jews, satan's kids get away with murder again, & the
father will never suspect the jews!!! Criminal Geniuses to be sure! MBJ
- My name is Lawrence Smith. I am here to let you know about the death of
our fourteen-Year-old Son Matthew. He died on March 21, 2000. The cause was determined to
be from the long- term (age 7-14) use of Methylphenidate a medication commonly known as
- The Certificate of Death under, due to, (or because of) reads: "Death
caused from Long Term Use of Methylphenidate, (Ritalin)."
- According to Dr. Ljuba Dragovic, The chief pathologist at the Oakland
County Medical Examiners office in Michigan said upon autopsy, Matthew's heart showed
clear signs of small vessel damage, the type caused by stimulant drugs like amphetamines.
- The medical examiners told me that a full-grown man's heart weighs about
350 grams and that Matthew's heart weight was about 402 grams.
- Matthew did not have a preexisting heart disease or defect that we knew
of. We, his parents never ignored his medical needs. The medical examiner said this type
of heart damage is not easy to detect with the standard test performed, necessary for
- While visiting the doctor with the schools diagnosis and the
recommendation for Ritalin, he seemed very frustrated and asked us to let the school know,
I am not a pharmacy. This leads me to believe that we were not the first parents sent to
this doctor, with the schools diagnosis and recommendation for Ritalin.
- No one ever informed us of other crucial tests (echocardiogram) that we
could have had done. The standard test performed consists of blood work, listening to the
heart, questions about school behaviors, sleeping and eating habits.
- It all started for Matthew in the first grade the school social worker
in Berkley, Michigan kept calling us in for meetings. One particular morning before an IEP
meeting, the school social worker, Monica Fuchs, my wife and I were waiting on the others
- Monica made us feel very threatened when she said that if we wouldn't
consider getting Matt on Ritalin for their diagnosis of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity
Disorder, that social services (child protective services) could charge us for neglecting
his educational and emotional needs. My wife and I were scared of the possibility of
losing our children, if we did not comply.
- I believe that some school employees like having children medicated
because, it makes frustrated students that are having a difficult time learning and
understanding easier to manage, regardless of the physical and psychological risks this
practice poses to children.
- Not all families can afford hundreds of dollars for a drug free, private
evaluation, so they will not be cornered into medicating their child.
- I am hoping that Republicans and Democrats will join, to fight this
horrific war against the future of America, our children.
- Medical diagnosis should remain outside the realm of education and stay
there. Pressure to seek specific medical treatment is not the job of the school system.
- We did not want Matthew on any medications, even though the school
social worker or the doctor never informed us about the dangers of Ritalin. We made it
very clear to school officials.
- Informed Consent", which states in part A person's agreement to
allow something to happen (such as surgery) that is based on a full disclosure of the
facts needed to make the decision intelligently; i.e. knowledge of risks involved,
alternatives etc" and "the probable risks against the probable benefits"
- The violation of parent's rights is when they are not told of the
unscientific nature of so-called disorders such as ADHD or the risks of the treatments
involving (drugs) and they certainly are not told of alternatives to their child's
behavior such as undiagnosed allergies or food sensitivities, which could manifest with
the symptoms of what psychiatry calls ADHD.
- If we weren't pressure by the school system, Matt would still be here
with us today. I cannot go back and change things for us at this point. However, I hope to
God my story and information will reach the hearts and minds, of many families, so they
can make an educated decision with more than a little selective information, if any, paid
for by the drug companies.
- This information could save parents, or even you from all the suffering
and heartbreak the whole ADD/HD issue has caused our family and many others.
- Please do not be intimidated by family, school staff, doctors, or anyone
into medicating your child for ADHD or ADD. These mental illnesses are scientifically
unfounded with no scientific validity what so ever. The dopamine theory is nothing more
than wishful thinking on the part of the psychiatric industry.
- I truly believe this must have been Matthew's purpose, to save the lives
of many other children.
- How old will people live after taking these types of drugs as a child?
Every time I hear about a child or young adult that has died from heart failure, I always
wonder if they were ever on a stimulant medication used for ADHD or ADD.
- If I had heard that people are dying from Ritalin, I would have never
given Matt the first pill.
- Did you know that children that are diagnosed as having ADHD or ADD and
take medication, the school labels them as learning disabled, and the schools receives
additional state and federal funding per-child, per-semester.
- I wonder if that is one of the reasons why school administrations is so
adamant about medication, and the other would be to keep children under control, in their
drug free school zone.
- One of the very hard things for me to deal with is the fact that Matthew
never wanted his medication.
- How many more 11-year-old Stephanie Hall's and 14-year-old Matthew
Smith's will have to die before someone puts a stop to the biggest health care fraud ever?
How many times will schools and drug companies get away with this?
- Children, do not need to be made into robots with medication. I feel
that good parenting, structure, diets, and teaching methods can make all the difference in
the world. Different children develop in different ways; you cannot put children all into
- Did you know that the ADHD diagnosis checklist of behaviors is almost
the same as the list of behaviors for gifted children. www.nfgcc.org
- Did you know that doctor's use to give amphetamines out for diet
medication? They stopped because of the dangerous and sometimes fatal heart related side
- From the research that I have done on amphetamines, when they are used,
all the veins and arteries constrict and get very small which makes it hard for the heart
to pump blood throughout the body. The extra force it takes to circulate blood causes
damage to the heart.
- Now drug companies have a new market, with new names for the drugs and
have went from adult weight medication to children's ADHD
- The DEA has classified Ritalin as a schedule two drug, comparable to
Cocaine. Ritalin is one of the top ten abused prescription drugs on the streets today.
- There are many other drugs that are given to children for ADHD with
different names; Ritalin, Concreta, Adderall, the list goes on and on, most if not all are
stimulant drugs with Amphetamine-Speed.
- We are coming to a point in our history were children have been taking
these drugs for some time. Now the information is starting to come out. This is a very sad
why for us to find out the long-term side effects, by using our children as guinea pigs.
- If you have had a similar experience, with schools pressuring you into
medicating your child, Please let me know or place your comments on the message board.