Women Who Lie
80% of both men and women believe that a majority of women would lie seriously enough to convict their own husbands of a crime he didn't commit
The survey "Women Who Lie" was completed November 1, 1999, with 144 respondents who replied to an internet email poll conducted between October 12-30, 1999.
27 respondents were women and 117 were men, a number of whom participated in internet discussions regarding false allegations by women against men of child abuse, domestic violence, rape, sexual assault, sexual harassment, and sexual discrimination.
The responses to most of the 46 questions indicate that a majority of the respondents believe that women who lie are instrumental to many of the nation's social and legal pathologies.
There was no significant difference between the answers of men and women on forty of the questions, but the six questions which showed distinct differences of opinions between the sexes provide some interesting insights. For example, all of the men believe that the Violence Against Women Act is based 100% on women who lie, but all of the women selected "67% to 99%", indicating that they believe it is based at least partially on ignorance of the facts.
The same breakdown occurred on the questions regarding the public's belief that fatherlessness is the nation's most serious social problem, the influence of feminism in the creation of fatherlessness, and the derivation of the term "child support".
The biggest difference between the sexes occurred on the question regarding the proportion of Americans who are Christians, where all of the men believe that feminists accuse Christians of being right wing extremists because they are lying and all of the women believe this is based only "1% to 34%", leaving women attributing 66% to 99% to ignorance of the facts.
The majority of men believe that government has taken on the role of helping the poor based 100% on women who lie, but none of the women believe this to be 100% and instead selected B, C, and D.