From: "Kenneth Pangborn" <[email protected]>

Cc: <[email protected]>

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 3:06 AM

Subject: Re: [witchhunt] Significance of Linguistics, Suggestibility and Memory

> [email protected] wrote:
>
> > Folks:
> >           I had a case a few months back where the issues of children's
> > linguistic (language), suggestibility and memory capabilities were put to
> > task. When I received the case the CPS and Police had already conducted their
> > *investigation* and the father was in county jail charged with GSI (Gross
> > Sexual Imposition).
> >
> > To make a long story short, 4 year old, I'll call her Amber, said, allegedly,
> > that her Daddy put his pee pee on her pee pee. After we were allowed our own
> > expert the chance to interview the little girl we found that the system
> > professionals misconstrued the context of what Amber was trying to say. What
> > Amber meant was that her Daddy urinated on top of her urine in the commode
> > that she forgot to flush... not that her Daddy's lower genital physically
> > touched her lower genital.
>
>     Dean I hate to say this but I attended the same seminar with Dr. Ceci where
> he related that case.

 

 

From: <[email protected]>

To: <[email protected]>

Cc: <[email protected]>

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 6:17 AM

Subject: Re: [witchhunt] Significance of Linguistics, Suggestibility and Memory


> In a message dated 1/19/2002 6:06:43 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [email protected] writes:
> > [email protected] wrote:
> >
> > > Folks:
> > >           I had a case a few months back where the issues of children's
> > > linguistic (language), suggestibility and memory capabilities were put to
> > > task. When I received the case the CPS and Police had already conducted their
> > > *investigation* and the father was in county jail charged with GSI (Gross
> > > Sexual Imposition).
> > >
> > > To make a long story short, 4 year old, I'll call her Amber, said, allegedly,
> > > that her Daddy put his pee pee on her pee pee. After we were allowed our
> > own
> > > expert the chance to interview the little girl we found that the system
> > > professionals misconstrued the context of what Amber was trying to say.
> > What
> > > Amber meant was that her Daddy urinated on top of her urine in the
> > commode
> > > that she forgot to flush... not that her Daddy's lower genital physically
> > > touched her lower genital.
> >
> >     Dean I hate to say this but I attended the same seminar with Dr. Ceci
> > where
> > he related that case.
> >
>
> It must have been a different case because our expert was not a
> suggestibility expert, a chiild developmental psychologist. Our expert was a
> forensic linguist.

 

From: "Kenneth Pangborn" <[email protected]>

To: <[email protected]>

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 6:24 AM

Subject: Re: [witchhunt] Significance of Linguistics, Suggestibility and Memory

> [email protected] wrote:
>
> >> [email protected] wrote:
> >>
> >> > Folks:
> >> >           I had a case a few months back where the issues of
> >> children's
> >> > linguistic (language), suggestibility and memory capabilities were
> >> put to
> >> > task. When I received the case the CPS and Police had already
> >> conducted their
> >> > *investigation* and the father was in county jail charged with GSI
> >> (Gross
> >> > Sexual Imposition).
> >>
> >> > To make a long story short, 4 year old, I'll call her Amber, said,
> >> allegedly,
> >> > that her Daddy put his pee pee on her pee pee. After we were
> >> allowed our own
> >> > expert the chance to interview the little girl we found that the
> >> system
> >> > professionals misconstrued the context of what Amber was trying to
> >> say. What
> >> > Amber meant was that her Daddy urinated on top of her urine in the
> >> commode
> >> > that she forgot to flush... not that her Daddy's lower genital
> >> physically
> >> > touched her lower genital.
> >>
> >>     Dean I hate to say this but I attended the same seminar with Dr.
> >> Ceci where
> >> he related that case.
> >
> > It must have been a different case because our expert was not a
> > suggestibility expert, a chiild developmental psychologist. Our expert
> > was a forensic linguist.
>
>     Dean, it in his BOOK!

 

From: <[email protected]>

To: <[email protected]>

Cc: <[email protected]>

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 6:34 AM

Subject: Re: [witchhunt] Significance of Linguistics, Suggestibility and Memory


> In a message dated 1/19/2002 9:21:54 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>
>
> >     Dean, it in his BOOK!
>
> I've read all of his books, articles, et al, and I don't recall seeing it.
> Cite the exact source with page number.
>
> Dean Tong

From: "Kenneth Pangborn" <[email protected]>

To: <[email protected]>

Cc: <[email protected]>

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 6:52 AM

Subject: Re: [witchhunt] Significance of Linguistics, Suggestibility and Memory


>
>
> [email protected] wrote:    Dean, it in his BOOK!
>
> >
> >
> > I've read all of his books, articles, et al, and I don't recall seeing
> > it. Cite the exact source with page number.
>
>     Dean  - - - It is in Jeopardy in the Courtroom, I am not going to re
> read it looking for one part where it refers to "daddy put his pee pee
> in my pee pee." It came from Ceci! It was one of the cases Steve Ceci
> and Maggi Bruck cite.
>

 

 

 

 

From: "Kenneth Pangborn" <[email protected]>

To: <[email protected]>

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 10:36 AM

Subject: Re: [witchhunt] Significance of Linguistics, Suggestibility and Memory


>
>
> [email protected] wrote:
>
> >> Dean  - - - It is in Jeopardy in the Courtroom, I am not going to re
> read it looking for one part where it refers to "daddy put his pee pee
> in my pee pee." It came from Ceci! It was one of the cases Steve Ceci
> and Maggi Bruck cite.
>
> > I think you're referring to a Ceci study whereby a nurse was examining
> > a child with a stethoscope and post-scripting the child(ren) said the
> > nurse put same instrument on their genitals. That is not this case.
> > Even so, you make my point even clearer because changing one word (as
> > you've done above, on ------>in) can and will change the context of a
> > child's disclosure.
>
>     No Dean it isn't part of any "study" it is an actual case and Steve
> Cici references it in his writings and presentations such as the one at
> USF that you and I attended. It was a case where Maggie Brick was a
> witness. A rather celebrated case Dean.

From: <[email protected]>

To: <[email protected]>

Cc: <[email protected]>

Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2002 7:26 AM

Subject: Re: [witchhunt] Significance of Linguistics, Suggestibility and Memory


> In a message dated 1/19/2002 9:51:34 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> [email protected] writes:
>
>
> > Dean  - - - It is in Jeopardy in the Courtroom, I am not going to re
> > read it looking for one part where it refers to "daddy put his pee pee
> > in my pee pee." It came from Ceci! It was one of the cases Steve Ceci
> > and Maggi Bruck cite.
> >
> I think you're referring to a Ceci study whereby a nurse was examining a
> child with a stethoscope and post-scripting the child(ren) said the nurse put
> same instrument on their genitals. That is not this case. Even so, you make
> my point even clearer because changing one word (as you've done above, on
> ------>in) can and will change the context of a child's disclosure.
>
> This thread is dead, between you & I!
>
> Dean Tong